Monday, February 25, 2008

stuck in my head... re: on fire again

they tell you where you need to go ~ tell you when you need to leave ~ they tell you what you need to know ~ tell you who you need to be ~ but everything inside you knows there's more than what you’ve heard ~ there's so much more than empty conversations filled with empty words

and you’re on fire when He’s near you ~ you’re on fire when He speaks ~ you’re on fire burning at these mysteries

give me one more time around ~ give me one more chance to see ~ give me everything You are ~ give me one more chance to be near you ~ when everything inside me looks like everything i hate ~ You are the hope i have for change ~ You are the only chance i’ll take

i’m on fire when you’re near me ~ i’m on fire when you speak ~ and i’m on fire burning at these mysteries

i’m standing on the edge of me ~ i'm standing on the edge of everything i've never been before
~ On Fire by Switchfoot

No comments: