Saturday, July 07, 2012

June workouts of note

In June it felt like i worked a lot.  There was one period where i worked for four days, took care of my grandparents for four days, then worked three more days... straight.  That's eleven days without a day off.

Two workouts stand out:  a light swim workout (150m?) and a hike/wade/rock climbing expedition.  I banged up my left shin on two different rocks and bruised my left bicep.  I wore my Vibrams and because of the pebbles/rocks in the bottom of the stream my feet seriously hurt for several days.  I wish i would have worn my Airwalk Teva-type shoe instead as a result.

Why i haven't been training...100 degree weather and fatigue.  My leg muscles have been complaining a lot.  I am struggling to drink enough water.  I don't feel like i have the energy to train.  But i miss it so much.  This week i was in the warehouse two days straight and my calves still hurt.  At the end of a shift i can barely walk (though to be fair i can run, different muscle group entirely).  This needs to change and soon.

I want to change my diet but i'm not sure where to begin.  More to come.

No comments: