Thursday, March 06, 2003

Okay, so i'm working today and for some reason the music that we're playing doesn't agree with me. I've heard the album before and liked it, but today i'm just not in the mood. I want to put on Meredith Brooks, but someone has bought the used copy, so i get out Britney Spears instead. A little while later i'm singing "Overprotected" while i work and this guy says "Wow, we've found the next American Idol." Then my coworker said that he liked my voice better than Sheryl Crow's when i was singing "Soak Up the Sun."

I considered trying out for American Idol before the first one was on (this was way back when Dark Angel was still on the air). There was no way for me to feasibly get to an audition location so i didn't do it, nor did i really think about it again (it just wasn't meant to be). When i saw the show i hated it and i haven't watched it since (which makes sense considering the fact that i'm boycotting Fox right now). I wouldn't mind being a professional singer, but i really don't take Kelly Clarkson seriously: why would i want to get my start like that?

The point is, even though i'll probably never sing professionally, compliments like that don't come that often (at least, not ones that seem genuine... little old deaf ladies at church never really counted to me). It made me feel good to hear someone say something so nice. I had a good day.