Monday, April 17, 2006

finally taking the plunge

i have been wanting to leave my parents’ church for a while now. i got forcibly removed from the college S.s. class because the teacher said that i was (and had always been) argumentative and was chasing people away. Over a year later the only new class members they have are kids who have moved up from youth and i the one person who did leave the class told my sister it was because the class was boring. During the whole fiasco my pastor didn’t help, he only called my mother and asked her if she knew that i am a “troubled youth.” i’m twenty-four years old for crying out loud!

The music has improved since i moved back and began attending again but i don’t feel comfortable getting involved in the program. Every time i’ve tried it doesn’t work out or i feel uncomfortable and stifled.

It also really bothers me how the AWANA program is not backed by the church body: we’re considered a nuisance and annoying, etc., and don’t receive support, only resistance.

The most important thing for me to look for is a place where the Word is being taught in Church and Sunday school. It really annoys me when a sermon is based on one verse and isn’t about what the Bible says so much as it’s about what the minister thinks about the subject. My pastor’s sermons are boring, difficult to follow, and devoid of God’s opinion. i want to find a place where i can really get into God’s Word and be encouraged by fellow believers.

No comments: