Tuesday, August 26, 2008

first day back in class

Well, i overslept a bit (accidentally sent my last alarm to 6:30 pm instead of am... yes, i set three alarms, it takes me a while to wake up), so i didn't have time to shower or have a proper breakfast, but i made it to class on time and have pbj in my purse. So far i have attended Children's Literature and English Literature I and so far i don't feel as if i have missed much. Children's Lit seems to be a review thus far of terms that were drilled in to us in English Composition I and II and Brit Lit has been two poems (that i need to read) and the first part of Beowulf (which i have read twice). i have no idea what will be going on in American Literature I (my next class) but i need to reread some of Romeo and Juliet as that's what is being covered first in Shakespeare (and i haven't read it since my freshman year of high school so i'm a little rusty). i have the same teacher for Brit Lit and Shakespeare and i like her class so far... we'll see about the rest.

Now if only financial aid would get their butts into gear instead of taking three weeks to send me a form that i already had turned in over a week before i got it in the mail. "Oh, we're not responsible for when the mailings go out..." well apparently they aren't responsible for keeping their information up to date either, because it took them two weeks for their system to even register that i had filled the form out, and it should take less than 72 hours. i can monitor them on the internet now and i know how it works, i'm a junior for crying out loud... after two years of being a sophomore, too.

In other news, it's Brad's birthday, and after prayer and advice from a friend of my Mom's i've pretty much decided that (though it hurts) it's about time to just give up on him for good. Haven't really talked to him (except for a text message about his special day), but contact with him as been as strained as it was before the break up, only now his excuse is the break up. /rolleyes Yep, it's all my fault... moving on now (that was sarcasm, btw, except for the last part).

No comments: