Wednesday, February 17, 2010

TriNewb W1D2

Yesterday time got away from me so i didn't get around to pumping up my tires or going on my ride. Today was relatively warm, i didn't even take a jacket, and wore my tri shorts under some capris. i was really glad for the shorts, and even so my lady bits fell asleep about halfway through the workout. i don't remember my seat bothering me very much in the past, but i guess i'm a little off my form, though my average speed was the same as it was at the height of my training last summer, and that was on Mom's bike.

With thoughts turning to the upcoming race season, i'm wondering how much i will be able to race this year. Right now i would like to take part in the Las Vegas Irongirl in May (or, barring that, the one in Boulder in August) because i believe it's the race that was recommended to me at the Highline Hustle. Unfortunately, i don't have $85 to spare right now really. Fortunately i don't think i will have any gym or equipment expenditures until the summer outside my diet, gels, and possibly some tubes. i doubt i'll get new rims and tires this summer, i'll just have to make do with my bike for now.

This also begs the question of whether i should join USAT this year: how many races would i have to compete in to make it worthwhile? One day race permits are $10 while an annual membership costs $39... so i guess i would need to do at least four races and ideally five. Can i commit to that?

No comments: