Saturday, July 09, 2011

Athena

As readers may have noticed, i changed my blog's title for the first time in a year and a half.  I used to change the title of this blog more often.  As i recall, it started out as Dark Fire...which was quite a while ago.

The purpose of this blog changed quite a bit the last time i changed the title.  I had been blogging about personal things mostly, and sometimes political, but after the change it mostly became an exercise log with personal stuff thrown in.  These days i keep a lot of my personal rants under lockdown at my LiveJournal and only allow friends to read about them.  My super personal messages i am gradually posting over there and deleting over here in an attempt to recover privacy.  Not that any of you probably read any of those posts anyway!  I was really openly depressed most often when i first started this blog.

I am actually surprised how measured the posts of the past year and a half have been.  So yesterday and today i have been wading through the triathlon and running posts. I'm not going to be using MapMyTri anymore (you basically have to use an app now) but i do hope to continue logging workouts here.  I really need to start writing more for EH4R again.  And because i'm teaching two knitting classes this fall, i'll most likely be blogging at BTL more in the near future, as well.  Now if i could only find a "real" job.  I applied at Michaels to teach knitting classes, but they apparently can't be bothered to get in touch with me.  So who knows what i'll be doing in the months to come.

ETA:  "Why Athena?" you may be asking. This is to focus on the fact that i am an obese triathlete.  Even if i were to lose all the weight (which i hope i am capable of achieving, but at the same time doubt) i would still be considered an Athena (when i was lifeguarding in high school and in great shape i weighed 160).  So i will always be an Athena even if i never compete under that category and/or choose to compete against my AG (age group).  In addition, Athena was considered to be the goddess of wisdom, weaving (which i suppose would make her the patron of knitting, as well), and she's meant to be an unwearying warrior virgin.  Yeah, i could do with being more like that.

No comments: