Sunday, December 11, 2011

seriously?

Sometimes i feel as if people are trying too hard to sell me on something i want to believe in and as a result they end up turning me off rather than convincing me.  This was definitely the case while browsing the MadeToRun website/blog.

 On the other hand, i'm not sure humor is the way to go.  There were two videos that i saw today that amused me very much but didn't help answer questions, either.  For instance this Anti-Shoe Infomercial:
which makes fun of itself so much that it compromises the point that it's trying to make (if they are pro-barefoot) and The Barefoot Runner (warning: NSFW from :25-:30):
 in which very little running actually occurs.

I don't want to hear/read studies or common sense be referenced.  I want people to relate their personal experiences.  I want to know what others feel and have felt so i can guess what i would feel if i were in their shoes.  That is why Leah's KomodoSport review and Justin's ...Power of Bare Feet have sold me more than anything else i've read in the past few hours.  They are real, they ring true, they give voice to things i've known and felt (if only in my gut) but couldn't manage to put into words myself.


The rest...well i'm still hating the fact that i'm working somewhere that mostly carries merchandise made in China and remembering what someone said today in Sunday school.  Americans today feel entitled to things that they shouldn't, that have no worth when we don't have to struggle to obtain them.  I know that fits into my life somehow.

No comments: