Monday, November 17, 2003

stuck in my head

Last time i wanted to post (the time before today, that is) i was really really mad so i restrained myself. I'm going to post the lyrics to Michelle Branch's song Are You Happy Now? because it's a nice way of putting what i was feeling at the time into words.

now, don’t just walk away ~ pretending everything’s okay ~ and you don’t care about me ~ and i know there’s just no use ~ when all your lies become your truths ~ and i don’t care... ~ yeah, yeah, yeah

could you look me in the eye ~ and tell me that you’re happy now ~ would you tell it to my face or have i been erased ~ are you happy now? ~ are you happy now?

you took all there was to take ~ and left me with an empty plate ~ and you don’t care about it, yeah ~ and i ~ i’ve given up this game ~ i’m leaving you with all the blame ~ cause i don’t care ~ yeah, yeah, yeah

could you look me in the eye? ~ and tell me that you’re happy now ~ would you tell it to my face or have i been erased ~ are you happy now? ~ are you happy now?

do you really have everything you want? ~ you could never give something you ain't got ~ you can’t run away from yourself

could you look me in the eye? ~ and tell me that you`re happy now ~ come on tell it to my face or have i been erased ~ are you happy now? ~ are you happy now?

would you look me in the eye? ~ could you look me in the eye? ~ i’ve had that all i can take ~ and i’m about to break ~ cause i’m happy now ~ are you happy now?