Thursday, November 22, 2007

stuck in my head... and heart

the storm is coming but i don't mind ~ people are dying; i close my blinds ~ all that i know is i'm breathing now

i want to change the world instead i sleep ~ i want to believe in more than you and me

but all that i know is i'm breathing ~ all i can do is keep breathing ~ all we can do is keep breathing ~ now
~ Keep Breathing by Ingrid Michaelson



there are no guarantees in life ~ not for the present nor for the future ~ all i know is that i'm here ~ don't know for how long ~ i love the way you live so intensely ~ enjoy every minute of life ~ with space to swing your arms around ~ laughing loudly

unlike me ~ unlike me ~ do you think i'm strange ~ unlike you ~ unlike you ~ i am not pretending ~ there is no time ~ there is no time ~ there is no time ~ time doesn't really exist

the past, the present, and the future ~ are all side by side, hand in hand ~ you move and change yet you go nowhere ~ everything stays the same (the same) ~ you stare at me and ask me questions ~ makes me nervous (mm) ~ this room it keeps a constant tone ~ while i'm on a roller coaster

unlike me ~ unlike me ~ do you think i'm strange ~ unlike you ~ unlike you ~ i am not pretending ~ there is no time ~ there is no time ~ there is no time ~ time doesn't really exist

i dream ~ more life ~ i dream ~ more ~ time
~ Unlike Me by Kate Havnevik



i climbed up a mountain and looked off the edge ~ at all of the lies that i never have led ~ is one where i stayed with you across the sea ~ i wonder do you still think of me ~ i carry your image always in my head ~ folded and yellowed and torn at the edge ~ and i've look upon it for so many years ~ slowly i am losing your face

oh the ocean rolls us away ~ away ~ away ~ the ocean rolls us away

sixes and sevens we live on jet planes ~ so many faces i don't know the names ~ so many friends now and none of them mine ~ forgotten as soon as we meet ~ all of these moments are lost in time ~ but you're caught on my head like a thorn on a vine ~ to forever don't mend me and i wonder why ~ do i wish that i'd never known you at all

oh the ocean rolls us away ~ away ~ away ~ the ocean rolls us away

the sun and the moon of an ocean of air ~ so many voices and nothing is there ~ but the ghost of you asking me why ~ why did i leave

oh the ocean rolls us away ~ away ~ away ~ the ocean rolls us away

and i lose your hand through the waves
~ The Ocean by the Bravery



take a look at my body ~ look at my hands ~ there's so much here that i don't understand ~ your face saving promises ~ whispered like prayers ~ i don't need them

cuz i've been treated so wrong ~ i've been treated so long ~ as if i'm becoming untouchable

well contempt loves the silence ~ it thrives in the dark ~ the fine winding tendrils that strangle the heart ~ they say that promises sweeten the blow ~ but i don't need them ~ no i don't need them

i've been treated so wrong ~ i've been treated so long ~ as if i'm becoming untouchable ~ i'm a slow dying flower ~ i'm the frost killing hour ~ sweet turning sour and untouchable

oh i need the darkness ~ the sweetness ~ the sadness ~ the weakness ~ oo i need this ~ i need a lullabye ~ a kiss goodnight ~ angel sweet love of my life ~ oh i need this

i'm a slow dying flower ~ frost killing hour ~ the sweet turning sour and untouchable

do you remember the way that you touched me before ~ all the trembling sweetness i loved and adored ~ your face saving promises whispered like prayers ~ i don't need them

i need the darkness ~ the sweetness ~ the sadness ~ the weakness ~ oo i need this ~ i need a lullaby ~ a kiss goodnight ~ angel sweet love of my life ~ oh i need this ~ well is it dark enough ~ can you see me ~ do you want me ~ can you reach me ~ or i'm leaving ~ you better shut your mouth ~ and hold your breath ~ you kiss me now ~ you catch your death ~ oh i mean this ~ oh i need this
~ My Skin by Natalie Merchant



we'll do it all ~ everything ~ on our own ~ we don't need ~ anything ~ or anyone

if i lay here ~ if i just lay here ~ would you lie with me and just forget the world

i don't quite know ~ how to say ~ how i feel ~ those three words ~ are said too much ~ they're not enough

if i lay here ~ if i just lay here ~ would you lie with me and just forget the world ~ forget what we're told ~ before we get too old ~ show me a garden that's bursting into life

let's waste time ~ chasing cars ~ around our heads ~ i need your grace ~ to remind me ~ to find my own

if i lay here ~ if i just lay here ~ would you lie with me and just forget the world ~ forget what we're told ~ before we get too old ~ show me a garden that's bursting into life

all that i am ~ all that i ever was ~ is here in your perfect eyes ~ they're all I can see ~ i don't know where ~confused about how as well ~ just know that these things will never change for us at all

if i lay here ~ if i just lay here ~ would you lie with me and just forget the world
~ Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol



2 AM and she calls me cuz i'm still awake ~ "Can you help me unravel my latest mistake? ~ I don't love him ~ winter just wasn't my season" ~ yeah we walk through the doors so accusing their eyes ~ like they have any right at all to criticize ~ hypocrites you're all here for the very same reason

cuz you can't jump the track we're like cars on a cable ~ and life's like an hourglass glued to the table ~ no one can find the rewind button girl ~ so cradle your head in your hands

and breathe ~ just breathe ~ oh breathe ~ just breathe

May he turn 21 on the base at Fort Bliss ~ just the day he sat down to the flask in his fist ~ ain't been sober since maybe October of last year ~ here in town you can tell he's been down for a while ~ but, my God, it's so beautiful when the boy smiles ~ wanna hold him ~ maybe i'll just sing about it

cuz you can't jump the track we're like cars on a cable ~ and life's like an hourglass glued to the table ~ no one can find the rewind button boys ~ so cradle your head in your hands

and breathe ~ just breathe ~ oh breathe ~ just breathe

there's a light at each end of this tunnel ~ you shout cuz you're just as far in as you'll ever be out ~ and these mistakes you've made ~ you'll just make them again ~
if you only try turning around

2 AM and i'm still awake writing a song ~ if i get it all down on paper ~ it's no longer inside of me threatening the life it belongs to ~ and i feel like i'm naked in front of the crowd ~ cuz these words are my diary screaming out loud ~ and i know that you'll use them however you want to

but you can't jump the track ~ we're like cars on a cable ~ and life's like an hourglass glued to the table ~ no one can find the rewind button now ~ sing it if you understand

and breathe ~ just breathe ~ oh breathe ~ just breathe
~ Breathe (2 AM) by Anna Nalick



i'm on my knees ~ only memories ~ are left for me to hold ~ don't know how ~ but i'll get by ~ slowly pull myself together

(oh) i'll get through this (oh)

there's no escape ~ so keep me safe ~ this feels so unreal

nothing comes easily ~ fill this empty space ~ nothing is like it seems ~ turn my grief to grace

i feel the cold ~ loneliness unfold ~ like from another world ~ come what may ~ i won't fade away ~ but i know i might change

nothing comes easily ~ fill this empty space ~ nothing is like it seems ~ turn my grief to grace

nothing comes easily ~ where do i begin? ~ nothing can bring me peace ~ i've lost everything ~ i just want to feel your embrace

i love you
~ Grace by Kate Havnevik

No comments: