Wednesday, March 03, 2010

TriNewb W2D1

So far, i am very happy with how my triathlon training is going. i ran at the gym today, on the elliptical, and my leg hardly bothered me at all: it was just a little stiff but not painful. i ran five minutes longer than today's workout called for and swam. Last year, at this point in my training, i was not actually following the full workout, or if i was i felt i was doing very poorly (exhausted and slow). Right now my pace is better than i would have hoped, and the workouts are providing just a little bit of a challenge (granted, i haven't been doing the workouts every day, but then i have been in recovery and biking all over campus in addition). So assuming that my pace and strength continues to improve i think that i have the potential to do a lot better in my next triathlon.

Tomorrow i bike 6 miles and i fully anticipate that i will do much better than my last 5 mile ride simply because i have been riding around campus and am already feeling much more comfortable on my bike again. This week i started dismounting while coasting without even thinking about it, while last week i was more tentative, and would wait to come to a full stop (i was still in a bit of pain of course). Training also makes me feel more optimistic and less stress (haven't been knitting enough to help with that lately, i'm afraid). The only downside is that, once again, i am hungry all the time. i'm trying to cut back on fast food and get back into a healthy diet, which is hard because fast food is there and ready and healthy food takes preparation. i'm serious, i just ate about an hour ago, and i'm already starving. Time to pull out some more veggies... i'll probably finish them while watching Lost.

No comments: