Monday, August 21, 2006

first day of classes

what i'm knitting ~ almost done with my messenger bag
what i'm listening to ~ David Crowder Band

Today i went to Radio/TV Announcing for all of ten minutes (he went through the syllabus sooooo fast), Bowling (i bowled a 62... not my best), and 2-D Design. As i suspected, i'm going to have to buy a ton of art supplies. What i didn't expect was to need them for 2-D Design! i thought it would be a more in-depth Art Appreciation and lecture only but we are going to be completing at least seven projects. i'm really excited but also apprehensive as i'm sure that my drawing and painting will not be anywhere as good as the other students. i just hope that i learn and improve a lot this semester because i feel such an urge to create but have never been happy with my results. Even my paintings and scraps i've submitted at deviantArt are not as good as i'd like them to be. i want to start ignoring the negative voice in my head and just create. i'm so looking forward to this semester so far, mostly because of the art. But in Announcing we're actually going to be doing some announcing for the college radio and news on the tv. So exciting and nerve racking. i actually found myself practicing my s's, sh's, z's, ch's, and j's today as i was walking to my final class! So it was an easy first day, now i need to find some money to pay for my art supplies.

p.s. i'm now moved in at the grandparents and got a warning on my car: still no plates, but hopefully there will be soon.

p.p.s. i got my first haircut since the buzz today! Looking good imho.

s.p.p.s. i actually looked at my Mars pics e-mail today and love what i saw... i want to learn how to draw that! i'll definitely be messing around with my new pencils. Look:



No comments: