Wednesday, August 02, 2006

slow progress

So yesterday i bought a new battery (the old one was dead, dead, dead). Wal-Mart only had one for my car that cost over $60! So i went to AutoZone and bought the second cheapest at $45 (the cheapest was out of stock at $30). The car started up right away as soon as i put the battery in and ran fine today.

Today i found out that i had to go to the sheriff dept. to pay for my VIN inspection but that it was only $10 (i had been told $20). So a deputy came out to the house at 3 p.m. and was like “you have to have a title” but he did the inspection and said that he did not think it would be a help but to go to the DMV for verification. Little does he know that the DMV was who told me this was what i needed.

Around 4 p.m. i arrived at the nearest car dealer looking for a Retail Appraisal but guess what… the Appraiser had just left for the day! So in a little while we will be leaving for Tucson for a stay with my uncle and hopefully i will be able to get the appraisal next Tuesday or Wednesday. After that all i need is a surety bond! Hopefully i will be able to drive my car right away as i start my new job the next day, but she (at the DMV) did not say how long it would be before i can register my car and get plates on it.

Still, it is progress!

No comments: