Tuesday, June 12, 2007

argh

So i come into work today, and my replacement (who's in his last day of training) is also getting out of his car. We walk in together, he asks for our boss' phone number pretty much right away, and calls him. Ten minutes later he's quit and is walking out the door.

i am numb. i'm just too tired of putting up with this kind of stuff to care anymore, it's kind of like i should have expected it. Why should i expect any better? i can't have anything good in my life, God forbid! So i don't know what i'm doing tomorrow. i thought i would be starting my new shift at 3, but now i don't think i can. The guy i'm supposed to be replacing isn't even supposed to be MCOing anymore, but who knows what he's doing tomorrow, either. The morning MCO is on vacation for the whole week AGAIN and my boss is doing his job and i can't get a weekend off, let alone a week.

This is what is so scary about my moving across the country and digging myself deeper into debt. How can i dare even hope that anything in my life could be so promising? Even the good stuff that happens to me is tainted by bad. i am being paid minimum wage, am overworked, still might not get to go to the better position, am making less money than my trainees, am unappreciated, but whatever. i don't need to be patted on the back to know that i do a kick butt job. i don't expect to get a raise when i go above and beyond because executives are cheap and i usually let people walk all over me instead of forcing what i want on them. And i try to be humble even though i can see that i'm doing more than my share and am doing it well. i just don't know what i was thinking, actually expecting to get to have a reasonable shift and a somewhat normal life.

So i don't know what's happening tomorrow, but i'm probably still on graveyards. Grr.

No comments: