Monday, June 11, 2007

full sail ahead

Well i finally got the word from Full Sail in the form of an enrollment package. i've signed all the paperwork, will mail it today or tomorrow, and will be giving my notice at work soon. i'm still looking for a roommate and need to figure out my financial aid, but it looks like come August i will be in Florida. All of my admissions paperwork is in now except for this last document. Hopefully i'll be able to get my student loans squared away soon. The financial aid and housing is the most daunting thing to me: it's very intimidating to think of myself so far away from home. i've finally found a way of actively pursuing some of my dreams, but i'm going to be going deeper into debt to do it. i'm trying not to be negative, to think of what it would be like to fail. i know that i'll do well at this, i know that it will come naturally to me but also require hard work, but i'm scared of failure. i've spent so much time wishing that i was doing something like this instead that now that it's actually happening... it doesn't seem real. In eight weeks i'll be starting my new education and will finally be on my own for real. i know that Megan will only be a four hour drive away, but i'm still going to miss my family, and it's still going to be completely new and different. In two years i'll have a degree and maybe a job. That's still a long way off, but at least i'll be working towards the future instead of wondering what the heck i'm doing.

Anyhow, i'll keep you all updated as i learn more. Also, i am moving to the afternoon shift this week at work finally! Probably on Tuesday, as soon as i finish training my replacement. i don't know how they're going to replace me, i've been working overtime for over two months now, and i wish i would have saved more money. A move is just ahead!

No comments: