Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cto5k W6D1

/woot

So yesterday, as soon as my sole Tue / Thu class was over (at which we watched a very interesting video about Emily Dickinson), i headed over to Stoker Stadium to have my run. i said to myself: "Let's go for eight laps today." And so i did (for a total of 2.4 mi.).

i remembered to bring my shades, so i was happy. By the third lap i was halfway out of my zip up sweatshirt, so at the beginning of lap four i just tossed it into the grass beside my waterbottle. Five minutes felt way too short, eight minutes was over right when i was getting to the point where i wanted a break, and i thought i was done at that point and had a nice long cooldown walk... at which point the chimes sounded again. i had forgotten about the last five minutes! The cooldown was more than sufficient, i ran the last five minutes easily. Eighteen minutes of running? Pfft....

Anyway, i think running ten minute intervals is comfortable for me right now, which is good, because that's what i'm doing tomorrow. i still feel like i'm running "really really slowly," but i did run farther than ever, i do believe. Now, when will i be passing the 2.5 miles mark?

No comments: