Friday, February 13, 2009

Cto5k W6D3 Complete!

I'm sure there are those of you who are wondering what happened to my Tuesday workout. Well, to be perfectly honest, i wasn't feeling well, and it seemed more important to blog and then get to work on time. i wasn't exactly sure why i felt less than at my best: i mean, i still had energy, but i have had a runny nose and frog in my throat on and off for weeks (that i attribute to the cold weather and running in it). But at work i could tell that my back was more sensitive than usual and i just felt... meh.

On Thursday it was still cold, too cold for me to feel comfortable to running outside at least (i like it to be in the 40s at the lowest), so i headed to the gym again. The workout was twenty-five minutes straight (wow, i was thinking it was twenty!), and i felt like i was taking it easy for a change, but i kept my heartrate on target or a little below, and finished the workout feeling good. In fact, i ran 2.6 miles for the first time ever! i definitely feel like i'm making progress when it comes to how long i can run, and the distance is rising, but i still feel like i'm running at a snail's pace.

The discouraging thing is... i gained a pound. Now, per my Tuesday experience and the surprise that i got that night (early being the operative word here), i'm hoping that i am experiencing PQS (that is to say, Pasta Queen Syndrome, as archived here, here, and here, as well as in other entries, i'm sure) and will next week discover that i magically weigh 230, but i'm not going to hold my breath. The nice thing that i have discovered is that i'm getting my bubble butt back. No, i will never have a perfectly round toosh like Megan used to (pre-Alice and Joshua) and Katie does, but i am noticing a nice lift and rounding out due to the increased size and strength of my glutes, especially right after a run (before my muscles have started to relax again). To be perfectly honest, i had a hard time keeping my hands off after discovering this yesterday, it's really nice to discover, and it is progress... i haven't had a nice bum since i was doing Tae Bo six days a week.

So, um, better stamina, better fitting clothes, but still in the same clothes, and still no decrease on the scale numbers. ): Maybe next week?

No comments: