Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cto5k W4, D2

i needed to return a dvd and a couple of books to the library today (i really should have returned them yesterday, truth be told), so i decided to go to the college gym again. Truth be told, i love the weather outside right now, but i feel as if i get a much better workout on the elliptical trainer (more burn, less impact and chance for injury) and i really want to make it a habit of lifting weights. In addition, winter is fast approaching, as we have already had unseasonably cool weather and our first freeze of the season weeks earlier than usual (i knew we were going to have an early winter, and so far this is proving to be the case).

Today i used a newer machine, the same brand as what i was used to, but i didn't get the settings quite right. i had more of an incline than i should of and less resistance than i should have. i was also very energetic today, i got my heart rate up during the walking period and kept it up the entire time, even higher than my last workout, truth be told, but once again was not out of breath at any time. My body can do this, easily, even when i feel it afterwards, and my lung capacity has improved so much that i'm very happy with how things are going. Plus the scale that's only a couple of years old at they gym is telling me that i'm losing weight, four pounds so far this week, whereas the decades old scale at the church is not telling me this at all... i'll see how it compares when i weigh in tomorrow.

So for all intents and purposes, i believe it is safe to say that i was running during my warm up today, so i'm not sure quite how long i ran, but i definitely am not having any trouble with week 4. i keep bounding up stairs and am suddenly hit with the burn when i reach the top (like i said, there was a little too much incline today), but other than that i feel great. i was dancing as i was driving home, i couldn't help it. i'm definitely having a much better day today than i was on Monday.

In other news, i have my first follower! He's from the C25k forum that i've decided to no longer frequent because certain mods are rude to me. Anyways, you can always read up more on my workouts by clicking on the MapMyRun button to the right, i'm about to go update today's Workout Log right now, as a matter of fact.

1 comment:

Ultrabound said...

Glad to see you're still at it.

And yes... I'm still following lol

Those machines are great but I still think that sometimes you get a false sense of "fitness" from them.

So many variables come in to play when you run outdoors that you can't get on a machine. The biggest being turf. It's hell to run on concrete vs asphalt vs rubber.

However...I think tha machines are a great way to condition the heart and lungs.

Futhermore... Woohoo on keeping up with the program. I was beginning to think I lost ya. Glad I added ya.

Rob