Friday, October 03, 2008

Cto5k Week 2, Day 3!

70F
wind from SE at 14 mph
light showers

Whew. Well once again my Thursday stunk. i ran Wednesday night, which with most exercise is usually no problem because it wears me out and makes it easier to fall asleep. Not so with running apparently! i was WIDE AWAKE and got about 1 to 1 1/2 hours sleep. i had trouble trying to stay awake in two of my classes, and then in my last class of the day inexplicably got a cramp in my diaphragm for no discernible reason that hurt so bad and fortunately only lasted a minute or two and then stopped as suddenly as it had started.

Today it was sprinkling when i came outside and a breeze was gently blowing from the N. As soon as i start my warm up walk the wind changes directions, picks up, and it starts to rain lightly. Once again, i am running straight into the wind, but thankfully it was easier than last time. i finished every interval, except my third i stopped just short because i got a stitch. i am so glad that my calf didn't cramp like in my last two runs! At the beginning of my last interval i wasn't sure how i was going to make it, but i stepped my breathing up to a 1:1 and made it! i'm looking forward to next week's run already. Incidentally, i ran farther than ever today, even though i ran slower in order to combat the wind. i think that i'm walking faster in between intervals now.

No comments: