Friday, October 17, 2008

Cto5k W4D3

i went to the gym again today, used the elliptical trainer but didn't lift weights. My arms were sore yesterday, i guess i overdid it. i'll try to adjust my weightlifting schedule accordingly next week. Today went fine; i added more resistance, and didn't get my heartrate up quite as high (there was only one spike near the end of my workout). i am quite astonished at how easy week four seemed, and am wondering if it's just because there isn't the high impact factor anymore (now that i'm using the elliptical trainer). i would not say that i'm not working hard enough, merely that it's easier than i expected. And i enjoy it so much! Running outside is nice but doesn't give me quite the same amount of enjoyment, i usually feel like i have to force myself to run. ): Listening to the podcast along with the music i put onto my phone is uplifting (i actually listened to the podcast while writing a paper yesterday, and it was odd to hear the chimes, i felt like jumping out of my seat), and on the elliptical trainer i'm always ready for the next interval. i think that next week i will try using the elliptical on Monday and Wednesday, and--if the good weather holds--go the track at Stocker Stadium on Friday instead. i think that it will be better with my last day of the workout being out there and doing it while the gym provides a safer build up in strength. Next Friday should prove interesting with its 20 minute run, but for now... Week 4 complete!

1 comment:

Ultrabound said...

Oh yes.. the 20 minute run lol.. I keep hearing about it.

I'm sure you'll do fine.

Have you ever thought about running your routes on a trail?

Soft surface. Awesome views. Able to pee on the course when it upsets you?