Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cto5k W5D2 redux

i used an older elliptical trainer today, one with the moving arms and the heartrate monitor in the center. i didn't like it as well (the monitor was unrealiable for one thing). i'll use my old machine next time, even if it does require me staring at the magazine rack, i like its settings better and the resistance isn't all wonky. i had to keep turning the resistance up during the easier stretches and then back down during the hard ones. i didn't mind how the intervals changed (in fact i like the concept), it's just that the variance between them is too wide. i don't ever need the resistance below 2 or above 11 (even 11 is pushing it for me). My heartrate wasn't as controlled today, i had to be careful not to push myself too hard. It was a good workout i guess, i don't know if i'm ready to hit the track again, though my shoes are gradually breaking in.

Afterwards i stopped by REI to return the TapGuard and buy a SplashGuard. i got one half off, in a yellow orange color with a black jack o'lantern face on it (it's their Halloween equivalent to the Smiley). i would have preferred Alien Gray, Clean Air, Snowflake, or Aqua Camo, but they didn't have those color choices available, only Tahoe Blue, Smiley Face, and a red yellow and green one that is similar to the camo ones. Hey, it was half price, no one is going to see that wicked smile but me. (:

Now that i know that the filter idea was a bust, i need to turn my thoughts back to my original idea. i want to buy a glass water cooler jug (probably 3 gallons because i cannot imagine carrying a 5 gallon jug when it's full) and fill my water bottle from it as needed. i'm not going to be saving $500 apparently, but at least i'll be able to stand the taste of the water and be creating less waste.

No comments: