Saturday, September 26, 2009

state of training

Over the past six weeks i have been doing yoga two times a week and mountain biking 2-3 times a week (usually just two, but sometimes with another day thrown in). i still haven't figured out how to record my workouts online, but i have been working my butt off. But of course the mod is quickly coming to an end (i think there are two weeks left in it) so my thoughts are turning to what i'm going to do afterwards. i do not want to lose my newly acquired mountain biking skills, and would like to continue to improve, so i think i'm going to aim for doing that at least once a week. But my main goals, i think, should return to running. i've only been doing a bit of jogging here and there, not even getting out of breath, just putting on bursts of speed while crossing the street or parking lot, etc. Truth be told, i cannot believe how light on my feet i feel when i do so, possibly because i am now used to (well, forcing myself to) pedal up steep inclines with a backpack on or walking around campus with a backpack on. i think that i will do the Couch to 5k program again, this time focusing on speed more than endurance, at least in the first 5-6 weeks or so. i am still worried about the possibility of me having E.I.A. but i don't know when or if i'll be able to see a doctor about it anytime soon. i could go to the Marrilac clinic possibly, but i'm not sure when i'll find the time... maybe after the mod ends. Anyways, after the cruise my thoughts will probably turn to training for my next triathlon, but in the meantime i will continue to build from where i am and challenge myself.

No comments: