Saturday, May 21, 2005

summer reading

So far i have read Clive Cussler's Pacific Vortex! and decided against reading Lois Lowry's the Messenger any farther than the second chapter and a bit of the final chapter. I did once get through Lowry's Number the Stars but have trouble maintaining interest in the other books of hers that i've tried reading. Cussler is pretty good (not great, but definitely not awful) and i've got some more of his books on hold. I saw Sahara a week ago, and definitely approve of the casting of McConaughey and Zahn for the parts of Dirk and Al but they don't fully meet the descriptions as in the book(s). Anyways i have some more of those books on hold now.

I also finally watched Pride and Prejudice (with Colin Firth) finally and was pleasantly surprised just how much i enjoyed it. All the other version i had seen in the past i found quite boring, and i wasn't ready to read it when i tried... wow, it must have been in junior high or early high school. But now i want to read the book. I've also been planning to read Sense and Sensibility: Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman are excellent in the movie. I was also surprised to see several (more) parallels between P&P and Bridget Jones'. I did not trust Mr. Wickham as soon as i heard him lamenting how Mr. Darcy treated him. (: It certainly does make it even more hilarious that Firth played Mr. Darcy in the BJD movies and is interviewed by Bridget in the second book (i have yet to see the sequel).

Wow, i've got my reading cut out for me this summer.

No comments: