Thursday, May 05, 2005

When writing “Symbolic Cars and the Characters that Drive Them” we weren’t supposed to cite anything yet, something that was annoying to me because I feel as if it looks like i’m pulling facts out of thin air when it can actually be documented. All info for this paper was taken directly from the stories themselves: there was no research involved. We also were supposed to not use commas unless we were absolutely sure that they were necessary but she added tons of commas when she graded my paper.

Both this paper and “Where’re We Going?” received B’s. The comments written on them are extremely unhelpful and annoying and only show that my teacher is rather dense and, for some reason, cannot understand proper punctuation or what the assigned stories are actually about. She’s always marking things are wrong that aren’t and apparently needs to be talked down to, to have things spelled out to her so she can understand, even though the truth is blatantly staring her in the face.

I will admit that these papers aren’t my best work: it has been really discouraging all semester because i’ve been trying to write college level papers using stories that are boring, uninspiring, and not very deep, and she seems intent to dumb me down (all the while oblivious). She has a doctorate so she should understand writing that is more complicated; one would think that she would encourage independent thinking, writing above high school level, and the utilization of an individual’s style, but she apparently doesn’t like my writing.

I will be so relieved to get this class out of the way. Stay tuned for my final draft on the paper i’m writing for my final: it’s on Frankenstein.

No comments: