Friday, September 09, 2005

ugh, am i still hearing about and responding to that?

I am so glad that it is the weekend. As it is, i probably won't be able to enjoy it.

The first thing i heard this morning is my mother reading aloud a headline that all guns were being taken away from evacuees in Louisiana. It really upset me. I know that some people are getting sick because they aren't evacuating, that there's a lot of looting with stolen weapons, but i sure hope that the people who legally own firearms aren't being disarmed just for defending their home. It's a violation of our second amendment rights.

More news... they're not handing out the $2000 debit cards anymore now that the FEMA director has been canned. Not really a good use of federal funds imho. In true libertarian fashion i believe that all relief should come through charitable donations, not mandatory extraction from the taxpayers' wallets. In choir we found out we could but $25 worth of groceries and mail it for $5 to refugees. I need the $30 to fill my tank up and get to school. Maybe i can make a donation in a couple of weeks, but right now it's all i can do to take care of myself. I feel for the victims, but agree with this article and Neal Boortz in a way (never thought i'd say that of the latter): it's kind of their own fault and many are going to keep perpetuating the vicious cycle. Still, there's definitely some people out there (on the local and state levels) that need to step up and take responsibility for their actions... or lack thereof.

There was something else i wanted to say but now i can't remember what it was. There is way too much noise in this house tonight.

Tomorrow i'm auditioning for Dracula. I don't have to memorize a monologue, i have to do a scene. I'm doing it with a classmate: we're going to do a scene with me as Lucy, her as Mina, then switch parts for her auditon. It's got really gay dialogue and is utterly ridiculous. Fortunately i don't have to memorize it and can do it with the page in front of me because i'm not really in memorizing mode. It will be good to get it over with.

No comments: