Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith (2nd viewing)

Saw it again Sunday and noticed a lot more details. Ewan McGregor is the bomb; he's still one of my favorite actors. I loved Padme's outfit in the choking scene but her hair really bothered me this film (like when it was in big curls and down and looked like it was shoulder length from the front). Yoda having to teach Obi-Wan how to talk with Qui-Gonn was corny (this is one of the things that bothered me before but i forgot to mention)... who taught Luke? The Emperor is really disgusting in this film and his lies are really see through: i don't get all the angst on Anakin's part or why he was deceived so easily. I still hate when he explodes everything, breaks free, and screams "NO!!!" at the end (as Darth Vader): it would have been much more effective if he fell to his knees or something, overcome with grief and pain. But of course the Emperor wanted him to be angry (at whom though? himself?).

Star Wars was great when i was growing and still amuses me to a point but i'm beginning to get tired of some of the stuff others already hated. Ep. 3 left me feeling largely disastisfied: it was good, but not great. I still can't get over what GL did to Padme, either.

No comments: