Monday, September 22, 2008

Cto5k W1D4

78
partly cloudy
wind = "from S at 17 mph gusting at 22 mph"

i am tired; i didn't realize how hard it is to run against and perpindicular to the wind. i don't know if that is actually how fast the wind is, but it wasn't very gusty until my cooldown (when it picked up). It's actually coming from the SE.

So my first two intervals i let loose and ran the speed i wanted to and it was heavenly. But running against the wind really took it out of me, so i had to slow back down, and it was so hard today. i had to push through every time, force myself to start at the beginning of the interval, because i just didn't feel like fighting against that wind. Running slower definitely gives my muscles more of a burn, and i got a cramp in my foot during my stretch after my cd. i like the cooler weather, but please no more wind, or i'm going to have to find somewhere else to run. ):

i was having trouble regulating my breathing, today, too, i had to force myself to breathe, it was really weird. Maybe Wednesday i'll alternate running slower with running the speed that's comfortable? Oh, i did run every interval all the way through, that was an accomplishment. (: Now to get ready for my interview...

No comments: