Tuesday, September 16, 2008

feeling the burn

God has a wicked sense of humor. Dad is out of town today for a shooting match, so i was carpooling with my family to college / homeschool co-op, and of course we were running late. i was trying my hardest to stay calm, patient, but we still got there late, and i did snap at Mom because she kept pulling forward when i had told her to pull up to the curb. I have to walk all the way around the building (maybe it would have been better to tell her to keep pulling forward, where there's another side entrance that's usually unlocked), hurry up three flights of stairs (ouch my legs are sore), and speedwalk to my classroom... only to discover that the lights are off and the room is empty. Class is canceled for the day.

...

/scream

i really, really wish there was some way they could have told me that before we had to get the kids out the door half an hour early. So now i have a free period to catch up on reading i should have done over the weekend (but didn't feel like doing) and of course write a blog about how i am not appreciating God's sense of humor right now...

Only i am. /rofl

No comments: