Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tri Training W2D5

This afternoon's bike ride yielded a new route. Sammy and Daniel came along, so i had to stop and wait for them A LOT: my detour down Martin Ct was so they could catch up, but enabled me to make this ride come to just over 8 mi. Daniel's chain kept falling off and his pants kept getting caught in the chain, too. My heartrate was higher than i would have liked, so the stopping and waiting helped keep me stay in a good range. If i do this route again i hope to make better time. i'm still learning the gears, it was my first time on my Mom's bike, which i must say is the best bike i've ever ridden.

It was nice weather, cool but not cold, and breezy. On the way back it started to sprinkle, and for the last mile the wind was blowing in my face and it was raining. i'm tired. It's worth noting that my knees never hurt me (like they used to in high school while riding a bike), which is really nice to know. Now if i could just figure out when to change gears....

No comments: