Friday, April 24, 2009

TriNewb W4D5

Was a bit breezy today, and i felt a run would be ill advised, so i skipped day 4 of week 4 (will probably run it tomorrow). i jumped on Mom's bike and rode 9.898 miles instead, with the wind blowing against me most of the way (it kept changing directions, and never in my favor). Around mile 7 my left hand cramped for a while: my arms are so short that to hold the grips in my palms i have to lean forward and bear my weight. It gets painful after a while, i try to sit up as much as possible and not grip the handlebars tightly. Shifting went better today, though it's a pain to get it to go into third (on the left hand shifter). i climbed about 300 feet today, it was a really big workout, but i'm looking forward to shaving time off of the ride in the future (it took me nearly 50 minutes). My slowest speed was 6.6 mph at the steepest, my fastest 23.3 mph on my way back down. Oh, and i used the bike computer for the first time today (obviously), Dad had it lying around: i installed it last night. i might end up using his camelback instead of bottles in cages, i need to check to see if the bike even has the capability of mounting cages.

Incidentally... my weight and waist have gone up, but my thighs and calves have definitely gotten more muscular. And, disgusting as it might be (is), my waistline is not the thickest part of my waist. My upper roll has finally shrunk to the same size as my lower roll, so i'm psyched. Now if i could only get both those rolls to the same size as my waistline, and even smaller.

No comments: