Friday, May 08, 2009

i survived the last week of classes!!!

/gasp It's so shocking, i never thought i'd get here, i even turned in my U.S. Lit paper on time (albeit barely six pages instead of a full six pages long). It was funny, i had just gotten to my desk in Brit Lit this morning when a wave of nostalgia ran over me: i'm going to miss the girl's corner we had going on and Brian, who sometimes kind of reminded me of Brad. i will not miss Brit Romanticism (though i enjoyed some of the girls in there, too), and actually came to like Hancock (despite the Obama groupieness). And of course i will miss Professor Christ (pronounced krihsst, not how you would think) even if Creative Writing was very easy, she's so funny and nice. Now i have to finish writing a 7-8 page paper and rewrite the 8 page Monk fiasco before finals on Wednesday and also have one final on Thursday.

Oh, i am also halfway through my triathlon training now! i totally ditched yesterday, i think i was overtired cuz of the race and speed drills, plus i didn't have time to work, finish papers, and exercise, so i had to make a sacrifice and had a half triathlon today. If i maintain the speed i did today, theoretically i can finish the full sprint triathlon in under three hours, however i am hoping to improve my time. It breaks down as follows:
8 min 250m swim (~16 min 500m swim, i hope to bring this down to 12min)
30 min 4 mi. ride (~2 hour 16 mi ride, i hope to bring this down a lot! the stationary bike was wonky, based on my ride last Sunday i should be able to ride 16 mi. in 1 hr. 49 mins. at my current speed, i don't know how much i'll be able to chisel that down over the next few weeks)
10 min .8 mi. run (~40 min. 3.2 mi. run, i'd like to get this down to half an hour)

i have my work cut out for me!

No comments: