Friday, May 01, 2009

Tri Training W5D4

So today i watched Katie's relay team win both of their heats! One was an all girl relay (she ran third, catching up with the other runners, while the first and second girls had been in last) and won first place overall, the other had two boys and two girls and won second place overall. It was exciting, and my face got a bit sunburned.

Today my swim was increased to 400m; i expected it to take me half an hour but it only took me about twenty minutes. My heartrate got a little bit higher, spiking at 150 bpm two or three times, but still spent most of its time in the 132 bpm range. i bought a swim towel which is weird: it doesn't feel like a normal towel, but it's supposed to absorb a lot of water quickly.

On Thursday i got some Clif bars on sale at City Market and tried them. No adverse digestion affects that i could tell! i actually enjoyed them despite the soy. i wanted to get ready for race day tomorrow and also make sure that they didn't make me sick so come Triathlon day if i eat them i'm not puking off the side of my (Mom's) bike / the trail.

Today i also bought the supplies for a race belt: total cost came in under $4. The only one i could find in town was something like $12 while most online are $10-15. i realized once i got to Hi Fashion Fabric that i could have (should have?) made my own elastic laces and worn them tomorrow, but they're already paid for (and finally on their way) so not much point now. So much for two day shipping, however, seeing how the bra is scheduled to arrive on the 5th and the laces the 6th-11th. To be perfectly honest, the laces weren't two day shipping, but i don't understand why it took the bra over twenty-four hours to leave the warehouse (it shipped about an hour ago). i ordered it on Thursday morning for crying out loud, it should be getting here tomorrow!

Lastly, i went shopping for shorts (mine are old and a little loose and worn out) and discovered that the current trend for athletic shorts leaves them... way too short. i don't want to buy shorts that are shorter than my fingertips when my arms are at my side. i don't want to buy shorts that are so baggy that i feel like my bum is hanging out. And i don't want to buy shorts that are so see through that my pantyline is blatantly obvious. Those shorts made me feel half naked. It also seems that my size is somewhere between a L and XL at Target and a perfect XL at JCPenney. The shorts were on sale, but i decided that i don't want any shorts that are in my current size, tyvm, i want shorts in size L. It's going to be soooo weird not having to hunt for XLs as much (though to be perfectly honest i'll probably always be looking for XL or XXL tops because of my bust size).

Anyway, training is coming along well, i'm looking forward to the race in the morning, and then i have a paper to write.

No comments: