Wednesday, May 06, 2009

TriNewb W6D1 + 2

Yesterday i ran speed drills for 20 mins. with 5 mins. of warm up and cool down (for a total of 30 mins.). i really feel as if my training is causing my running to suffer. i am not saying that my running was ever easy, but it seems harder than ever. My bicycle riding is progressing nicely, and my swimming is going very well. Today i swam 64m sets, and another person complimented me on my form (she asked if i've always been able to swim "like that" and said she wished that she could swim like me). i had a little trouble with my breathing (i wasn't getting out of breath, but about halfway through my workout i stopped breathing out underwater), but overall the workout went well. The water tasted nasty today and i got a bit overheated so i didn't get in the hot tub after my workout.

In other news, my elastic shoelaces got here the day before my bra did. Part of the trouble with my run on Tuesday was that my laces were too tight and i was still worn out from my ride on Sunday. i wore my new bra today, haven't ran in it yet, but i can honestly say it's the best sports bra i have ever had. It's very comfortable and supportive.

School has been going as well as can be hoped: i have 3 poems to workshop for one class, a 2 page paper to write, and a 6 page paper to finish for Friday. For tomorrow all i need to do is read some of the 9/11 poems to discuss in class tomorrow. i have a feeling that it's going to be another long night.

No comments: