Wednesday, May 27, 2009

weird

i have no idea how much weight i've lost over the past month. i'm not going to the gym at Mesa State regularly anymore, with their super accurate super scale to pet my ego. Today i noticed that my kelly green fitted t-shirt--the one i got on March 15th for like $5 at Wal-Mart because i had absolutely nothing green to wear on the 17th--has somehow gotten looser since the last time i wore it (about 2-3 weeks ago). Either it got stretched out in the wash... or my arms and stomach have gotten thinner. It's just really weird to have my clothing fitting differently while the tape measure is fluctuating in the 44-46" range for my true waistline and holding steady. i mean, it's great that i'm losing the paunch, but is it too much to ask for my measurements to change? i have some goal clothes that i would really like to be able to fit into. But of course we only measure ourselves at the pre-ordained locations that make absolutely no sense for me. My waist and hips are always exactly the same as each other while my breasts, while not proportionately larger than my waist, are huge compared to anyone's definition of normal.

Shopping for a swimsuit has been murder for me because some retards seemed to have gotten together and assumed that the standard for swimsuits should be that if you are large on top you must have an even huger bum. Case in point, at Target i tried on numerous sizes, the results were that i fit in a 24W on top and 16W on bottom. The lunacy continues in the running clothes department, where my sizes range from 1X (as with my singlette) to needing an unavailable 2X (in the fitted tanks), while as far as bottoms 1X is too large while Large is still a little snug and all of the shorts were too short. If i try on a one piece swimsuit, the top is usually too tight while the bottom is way too big and the length is always too short or too long. My dimensions do not make any kind of sense when it comes to manufactured clothing.

Anyway, i was trying to fall to sleep, but my brain wouldn't shut up: sorry if this post was any kind of redundant.

No comments: