Tuesday, October 25, 2005

the Amazing Race

I really want to be on the Amazing Race; have ever since i started watching the show. It looks like fun, and i'd like to give it a try. Unfortunately the two people i would want to go with both can't go because they have young children to care for (namely, my sister Megan and my Mom). Plus both people on the team have to be twenty-one, so my sister Katie is definitely out (she loves watching the Race, too). My mom has suggested i go with my dad, but i think we would probably kill each other. (: So applications should be opening up for AR10 soon and i'm trying to figure out who i could ask to apply with me. I don't have many friends. Brook and i haven't done anything together in a long time. There's that one friend who lives in Hurricane Alley that i haven't heard from since Katrina (nor met before). And my new friend Brittany who obviously only sees me as a school friend (she's not inviting me to Vegas for her upcoming 21st birthday trip with her other friends, for example, which is not a big deal, just indicative of the nature of our friendship). I wish i could invite Debbie, but she's only 18 and i don't really know her. She just sounds so cool on her blog though, like we have a lot in common. But i'm sure that she wouldn't want to get to know or hang out with an old fogie like me. (: What to do? Pray about it, i guess.

No comments: