Saturday, October 15, 2005

Elizabethtown

Just got back from the 7:00 showing. It was good: not great, but not bad, either. It was really funny. I didn't feel like it lagged. But at times i was just plain annoyed with the characters. Drew and Claire really clicked but they both acted like they could never be together. Drew was really hung up on his billion dollar failure, which i guess i get, but at least he had a chance to try, at least he had been successful for a while, at least he could start over (with a new love, no less!). Watching this movie made me happy to be me, to be pissed off and hopeful all at once (not that it really makes sense, but there it is). I like who i am, i like where God's put me even though in some ways i don't: that's such a contradiction. Anyways, i'm just eager to see where God wants me because i really have no clue at the moment. But i want to start being myself more and stop letting others keep pushing me down. Maybe i'm getting another wind.

No comments: