Sunday, November 20, 2005

convicting verses

Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds. Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it. . . . you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. But you must do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak evil against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong!
~ 1 Peter 3:8-9, 15b-17 (NLT)

I'm sorry that i blew my top the other night. It's hard for me to say things gently. I really don't want to put other people down. I just wish people would use common sense and wisdom instead of blind ignorance. The world attacks Christians enough without the children of God turning on each other. We should be known for our love. It's hard for me to be patient and soft spoken: it's not who i am. I want to be more like Jesus, but it's hard, especially when i am being ignored. I don't want to see other people make fools or sinners of themselves. But i don't want to offend them or turn them away from God, either. I don't know if my words can be gentle. I try very hard, but sometimes i let my passion get away from me. I love God so much, am incredibly grateful about what He's blessed me with, and i don't appreciate it when people believe baseless lies instead of clinging to truth. I just don't know how to shed light on the situation in a pleasing way and prevent myself from being ignored. I'm so tired of being ignored. It's the performer in me longing to be free.

No comments: