Wednesday, November 02, 2005

worked on the scene today

In my acting class i’m doing a scene with two other young women. We asked our teacher to watch our scene outside of class and he sort of jumped all over me. In the scene i’m in an arguement with one girl and she is really quiet and i’m supposed to be telling her to shut up… which totally wasn’t working. Well i felt like i couldn’t let go and yell at her because i was totally overpowering her, but he said the burden is totally on me and basically that i need to stop messing around, making excuses, and go for it. My other scene partner (who has the least to do) said she’s been trying to tell me the same thing. Man, why can’t people just come out and say things without jumping all over me? I’m trying really hard and feel like i’m getting nowhere. I think i can act, but i don’t know if he was so hard on me because he believes that, too, or if i just stink at it. I hate the way it makes me feel to be yelled at like that, too, and i messed up some of my lines in front of him (that i have been trying soooo hard to nail), which he was mad about, too. I don’t know whether to love him or hate him sometimes.

No comments: