Monday, November 07, 2005

prayer

"God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."
~ C.S. Lewis

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair."
~ C.S. Lewis

"Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day thinking about living each day in grief."
~ C.S. Lewis

"The primary object of prayer is to know God better; we and our needs should come second."
~ C.S. Lewis

I am ashamed to admit that the person i pray for the most is myself. I pray for other people, but more often i mean to pray for them and then forget to. After all, each day is such a battle... Today was especially so, as i got a Physics test back that was a D(!), had to listen to my teacher insult the collective class because we weren't smart enough to read the book enough times to discover information that isn't even there, and then i had to perform my scene for Acting I (which fortunately actually went pretty well). The scene went better than i expected, but i was so worked up from Physics and so nervous and so out of sorts because my breakfast wasn't settling well (eating a spicy jalapeno bagel alone is not too smart). All morning i prayed for myself. When i heard sirens i didn't even have enough presence of mind to pray for the rescue workers or those who might be in danger (which i always do). I've just been so stressed out that i have neglected prayer. I'm so exhausted all the time that i can't really concentrate long enough to pray properly, either. I've listed some prayer requests on the sidebar; hopefully it will remind me to pray every time i post here at least. (Sorry that i'm not more articulate at the moment!)

No comments: