Thursday, November 17, 2005

not so low, solo

So, i've basically decided to stop stressing about school. Knitting was the only thing that was keeping me from going insane. Now i've changed my spring schedule and am not going to worry about it. I've always been able to bring it to my science finals, and even if i don't for this final... i'll just retake it at Biola if i need it (i'm not at all sure i actually will). I might pass with a C, you never know.

At choir i auditioned for the solo in A La Media Noche and got it. Mrs. Niles has been impressed with my progress apparently. I have no idea why. I feel like i'm just doing the same old same old. Anyways, the alto section in particular was overjoyed by the announcement, though the response throughout the entire class seems to have been positive. Athena in particular said she thought that this was just what i needed from God right now. I guess i did pray about it, so thanks go out to Him.

I think that this semester more than any other time i have been able to let loose and just be who i am. I dyed my hair orange. I've been dressing more the way that i want to (though i fully expect to update my wardrobe further as soon as i get my first check from Powderhorn and throughout the season). I've come out of my shell some and stood up for who i am. I've been openly knitting a lot, and i just love it. I have so many projects that i want to do right now... if only i can find the money and the time.

Things are slowly but surely getting better, not so dark. The end of the year is coming on so fast! I have high hopes that the seven year mark will finally be the time where the dark is lifted and God begins whispering to me again. One can only hope, right? Anyways, it's been a good day. I think it's going to stay that way.

No comments: