Friday, November 04, 2005

payday finally!

It's amazing how much spending a little money will make me feel better. Unfortunately i usually end up feeling guilty about buy so much for myself, but that hasn't kicked in yet. I made a one-time pledge to K-Love for tithe (it just felt right at the time), payed off my car insurance (until February if i'm not mistaken), and started my Christmas shopping. I finally got my snowboard back fully equipped, as well as a stomp pad (stars that go just right) and gloves that match it and my new jacket. I found a Fox hoody at Ross for $20 (all the hoodies in my Fox wishlist are about $50). And i bought dinner, some hygiene products (read: shampoo and conditioner and deoderant, all necessary), and some hair dye.

The dye i mulled over for a while: i wanted to dye my hair this cool red-orange again about a week ago. I didn't have the money. Then today a fellow acting major said she was going brunette for West Side Story auditions... so i wondered if i should, too. But i want to be a red head for the GoF premiere in particular, and WSS auditions are the Monday after: it's not very good for my hair or cost effective to dye twice so close. I finally just got the red stuff. If i get cast i'll dye my hair dark brown the week of the show, otherwise it will fade into a color that's too light.

One act auditions (sprung on us when they posted it Wednesday) are tomorrow.

I feel blessed but at the same time want to spend even more on myself but know i need to save since Work Study is over and i don't know that i'll be hired at Powderhorn or when my first paycheck would be. And i still have to do more Christmas shopping, i've only got presents for six out of thirteen people, and that doesn't include stocking stuffers or a gift for the "friend" my uncle is bringing along. And what if i have to buy presents for more family members than that? I like to give, but i always feel like my money is gone before i have it.

No comments: