Sunday, November 06, 2005

whew

It's been a long weekend. On Saturday morning i went to school at nine. We went over our scene that we present on Monday. There were lots of silly mistakes, but we know our lines (if we could simply spit them out!). I think we can do fine tomorrow; i hope we do fine.

At ten auditions began. I did ten cold readings in the space of four hours. At first it was fun, a bit akward because i was in the same room (and thus the same readings as) Chris Coon, who is a great actor but absolute stranger, but after a while it got exhausting. It was difficult to remain interested in the content. By the end i just wanted to eat and relax. I didn't get called back, which was actually sort of a relief because callbacks were right then. Cast list should go up Tuesday afternoon.

In Sunday school we're now in Job, a subject very close to my heart and that raises a lot of questions for me understandably. (:

Today was church per usual. I took my new hoody planning to basically just wear it outside and ended up wearing it 80% of the time. It wasn't even that cold outside, but it was chilly inside! The message was given by Bobby Vaughn, the Associate Pastor of Missions, and was about men being the spiritual leader in the home and women being submissive. It was pretty good. It was hard for me because (as you all know) i hate being single. He said his grandfather was married to the same woman for 70-some years and died at 102. He got married at my age or a little older, almost certainly had met her at my age. I haven't even met my Imzadi yet (as far as i know). It's just disheartening.

This afternoon my mom and i learned how to play Backgammon together. Not that hard, though i daresay there are probably rules and nuances that weren't covered in our copy of the rules.

At Wal-mat my sister got sick in the middle of an aisle and i got hair dye. See, i've decided to dye my hair dark brown for West Side Story auditions after all. Then, when it starts to fade a bit, i'll use the red-orange color from last time to highlight or cover accordingly. I don't expect the dark brown to stay dark brown for long. So my hair will not be Ginny-ish for GoF, more Harry-ish. I know it's not practical, i know it will be obvious that i did it just for the audition, but i just can't imagine myself auditioning with blazing orange hair.

AWANA went super fast. We only had six in T&T. Went well enough i guess. I thought one clubber was getting close to accepting the Lord, but i'm not sure. She might already be saved, but i just felt she was leaning that way. We were talking about Romans 3:23.

So i just finished my homework. I'm going to go downstairs and dye and shave my legs. Then i'll go to bed. Fun, fun, fun. Pray for us tomorrow, cuz we need it.

No comments: