Saturday, February 09, 2013

Argh

I wanted to get out there and attack this ride, but alas it was not meant to be. I set my alarm for nine but asked one of my sisters to make sure i was up. She woke me up at 9:40. I changed, went to the bathroom, grabbed a Clif Bar, aired up my tires, and then had to wait for her.  Then when we're finally leaving she mentions that our youngest sister thinks she's coming, too. The sister that was coming can keep up with me running, but i was pretty sure she was going to hold me back on the bike because she only has one gear (turns out i was right).

We set off, have a hill to go down first, i get to the bottom and look back.  Sure enough, there's a pink blur way behind us on the hill. So i turn around at the y in the road, and head right back up the hill i just came down. As i pass her she is walking the bike. I ask her if she has a flat, no, she's just crying.  I get up the hill, pull off on a side street. Go to the end, turn around, she's running into Mom's arms for a hug. Home safe.

I push on the opposite direction from where i immediately set out. This entire time i have been holding back because i don't want to get too far ahead of my sister.  I ride to the next side street, go down it a bit, turn around, cross the street, ride up a hill, turn to go home, cool down a bit more on the street across from our driveway. 2.5 miles if the computer is to be trusted. I'm not sure it could map right while it was in my hoodie pocket.

I guess i'll finish up at the gym after work. I am so frustrated right now.

No comments: