Monday, February 18, 2013

Tri2 W2 complete

On Thursday i was asked to stay an extra "hour" at work and ended up working over ten hours. On Friday i worked nine. I had meant to go on my run before work, even got up early, but i ended up helping my mom get her running podcasts squared away on her cellphone's mp3 player and then didn't have time to run and shower. So after work i went to the gym and endured the smell of pizza (my favorite food) while it was permeating the entire building the entire time i was running and lifting weights. I didn't do most of the leg sets but i did all of the arms and did the seated row instead of the lateral pulldown.

On Saturday i finally took my NRA concealed carry class. It took longer than i thought it would...we didn't finish the testing until after 3pm. I thought we would be done shooting by that time. On Thursday night Dad had brought out some of his guns for me to potentially shoot and/or CC. I settled for two 9mms rather than a heavy revolver. I actually got excited about going shooting. Well it turned out that the 9mms kick too much for me and one kept jamming. In fifty rounds i don't think i hit the paper plate more than four times. The cardboard box was so riddled with bullets that i wasn't sure what i was doing wrong...too high, too low? It seemed frustratingly miraculous that i couldn't hit the plate at something like 20 feet. Then i pulled out my Grandad's old 32 and shot it for the first time. I shot 24 rounds and i dare say that at least 20 of them went into that plate. Then they let me borrow a 22 and it felt woefully weak after the glory of that 32 revolver (perhaps i exaggerate a bit, but it felt so natural after the struggle with the 9mms). I was a good shot with the 22, too (maybe not great, but more holes on the target). I had thought i might buy a 22 but it felt too small and inadequate. The 9mms felt a little bulky but are indeed concealable in at least one place on my person. But they're just too powerful for me i'm afraid. I think i'm going to fall back on my HS lab partner's advice and try to find a 38/357 if it isn't too heavy (i think that's what Dad's revolver was). I probably should have gotten advice about what i was doing wrong but i really just wanted to be self sufficient, become more comfortable loading the magazines, etc.

Today i went to church (but not Sunday school) and to my aunt's for Grandma and Grandad's birthday party. The tortilla soup was excellent. Later in the afternoon i went on a 9mi bike ride. I was aiming for 8 but the stupid app was freezing up on me. I wasn't sure of my distance until i got home and verified/corrected it at the MapMyTri website. It irritated me that the app said i had ridden only 6.5 miles when i knew there was no way possible that i hadn't gone farther. Thankfully i had ridden to a specific driveway before turning around (gotta love landmarks that show up on satellite photos). I think i'm going to have to get a bike computer. /: I feel so poor right now.

Tonight i feel very warm because i've been straightening my room. I seem to have misplaced a letter. I hope i find it soon.I'm starving and tired. I'm not too sore but i got a headache while i was riding. I don't know if it was the fact that my helmet is really too tight, the sun was shining in my eyes, or that i was low on fuel 2/3 of my way through and had to pause for an energy gel. Anyways, my head's been twingy since my ride ended and right now i'm waiting for Advil to kick in. Looking forward to my run and swim tomorrow and seeing if i've lost any more weight since Friday (i lost eight pounds this week!!!). I hope the lovely weather stays around.


No comments: