Tuesday, February 12, 2013

sticker shock

There are so many things i would like to buy for triathlon training and competition that i simply cannot afford at this moment. Those new tires. A running skirt/skort (i really enjoyed this article about the "new trend" even though i was never really a girly girl). Some aero bars. A new helmet and goggles. Some new workout clothes. A wireless bike computer with cadence. And the newest want, one of those strap on computers that measures how many calories you burn a day. I hate being poor.

My feet were tired today, just a little sore in odd ways. I decided to run on an elliptical at the gym and then swim. I had to do a little carpooling to get there...which was a bit stressful. My sister realized after we got to town that she was supposed to have team pictures at her practice in ~45 mins. I got her home and back again about ten minutes late. It turned out that she didn't need to be there quite that early. I am out $2 because i had barely paid to watch a basketball game when we saw one of her teammates in a jersey and realized something was up (they weren't playing a game tonight).  Yay stress. However, i pushed myself in my workouts, my feet felt fine, i watched some Bond, i kept my heartrate in a good zone, and i discovered that my swim cap is probably too small. Oops.

Incidentally, the pool is going to be closed Wed-Sun so i figure i will swim tomorrow and bike on Wednesday. Day 1 of week 2...i did what i came to do, no more, no less.  I counted calories, ate what i was "supposed to", and of course i am still hungry. Need to get some sleep. ETA: On a side note...i got some spring cleaning and laundry done. Not all of it, but some. It was a good day but seemed kind of short. I got to sleep in. Insomnia, please go away.


No comments: