Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tri2 W3 Complete!

So the internet was down at our house for a few days due to a faulty cord as it turned out. I'm just glad that we didn't have to pay for anything, my aunt used to work for phone companies and had a cord that we could use after she diagnosed the problem (confirming one of my two theories about what was wrong).

W3D3 - I walked first, seriously wanting to run instead, or go running the next day. I was still sore from my ride on Sunday but otherwise felt good.  On Monday's swim i had only swam the crawl (except for my cooldown). On Wednesday's i tried swimming a complete lap without pause or switching stroke for the first time since i've started training again. I did that twice and also swam two laps of crawl 25, breast 25 (without stopping/pausing). My heartrates have been staying in a great zone and my pace is improving.

W3D4 - I did Cto5k W3 for the first time since starting training again. That first three minute interval was brutal! But after the last one i felt like i could keep going...at least another 90s! I don't know about another 3min lol. I lifted weights instead. I should have skipped the legs probably, i was pretty tired by the end of the day (8.5h at work).

W3D5 - It was snowing yesterday, which is why i ran at the gym, but really wasn't that cold. Today was a different story. I got up early enough to ride but was intimidated by the weather--21F and windy--and the fact that i had to work another 8.5h shift. Maybe i should just move my long ride to Sundays? But i went to the gym after work and pushed through the fatigue for a 47 minute "10 mile" stationary bike ride. It wasn't very fun but it wasn't as hard as a real ride in wind and/or snow would have been. Looking forward to next week.


No comments: