Saturday, February 09, 2013

Tri2W1D5

It was windy and cool today during my run. My hands got a little chilled, so i was missing my gloves, but the rest of me was comfortable once i got warmed up and started running. Gray clouds were rolling in so the sun was hiding out. I ran the Cto5k week 2 workout for the first time (since four years ago) and was fatigued for the final interval but completed it. I held back on interval four then pushed myself on interval five. It was a good workout. My left arch was a bit twingy during the warmup but gave me no problems. My feet are tired but not in any pain to speak of.

Afterward i went to town to look for a more compact camelbak knockoff than the one i already own (it's a full backpack that i use for traveling/camping sometimes). They had one at Wal-Mart that was too long, another that was more substantial than i wanted but probably the right size. I bought a Cobb Salad and some Popcorn Chicken. I was pretty hungry but not famished. I know i didn't eat enough today (i still have over 1000 calories left according to the MapMyRun App). I shared half the chicken with my sister and ate the salad. Then i watched my sister's basketball game. It was their first win of the season and she made a three pointer during warm ups. She has improved a lot this season. Then i went to REI and bought some energy gels/squares, one of those cooling bandannas on clearance, and a TYR silicone swim cap in silver. They only had two colors of the one cap in stock. They had some sick looking TYR goggles, but i really don't need new goggles right now.  I looked at their clearance tri tops/bottoms but was pretty sure that a 2X wouldn't fit me right now (or right ever).  I saw a top that i liked in XS. Yeah, didn't even take that off the rack.

I am planning to buy some new Kenda bike tires off Amazon. They seem to be half the price that i would pay at REI and are the same brand of tires that i already have on my bike.  They're well reviewed slicks that claim to be hybrid road/off road that i figure will work really well for my training. If i go mountain biking i can always change back to my old tires if need be. I figure i'll take my bike in for a tune up on Monday.

My aunt decided she would do the Open Hits Tri if my mom would do it with her. So tonight i worked on my mom a bit and she said she would do it. She is most hesitant about the run. Now she wants my sister to agree to do it, too.  My sister claims to hate biking and swimming. We shall see what happens.

No comments: